The purpose of the programme is to develop the applied competence of student on an advanced (executive) level in the mastering, analysis, interpretation and understanding of IT Management principles and methods. Through a Master’s dissertation, the student will show evidence of scientific research and the ability to reflect thereon in the holistic context of IT Management. The programme will assist in the continuing professional development of experience and senior managers and leaders will be enhanced for both South African delegates and, increasingly, promote the development of IT Management skills for students and executive delegates within both local and international context.
On completion of the programme, students will be able to demonstrate competence in:
- research writing and creative thinking skills in IT Management,
- display competence in the application of related research methodology,
- take strategic decisions in the context of IT Management,
- reflect on managerial decisions and applications to assess the effect thereof in the holistic context of IT Management.
A BCom Hons (IT Management) Degree or equivalent Degree from any other university on NQF Level 7 or 8 with an average of at least 65% for the Honours Degree.
Duration of programme
- Full-time: 1 year minimum, 2 years maximum
- Part-time: 2 years minimum, 3 years maximum
Name: Dr B Gatsheni / Tel: +27 (0)11 559 1506 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration and Start Dates
Registration starts in January and lectures in February for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate course work programmes.
All research programmes for Masters and PhD can register throughout the year.
End Date: Academic starts in January and ends in December. Programme deadline is determined by the duration of the programme.