This course provides a direct route into 21st-century journalism. Graduates of all disciplines are equipped with knowledge and skills in journalism through intensive practical training and tuition.
Designed to meet the requirements of media employers in the UK and beyond, the course is taught by dedicated staff with media and industry experience, and strong professional connections. You will benefit from a mandatory placement providing key networking opportunities and enhancing your employability.
The course will prepare you to take a leading role in a rapidly evolving global media industry where you will explore the global potential of multi-platform news and features publishing. You will learn how to cover any story for print, web, TV or radio, and how to adapt a story from one medium to another. The emphasis on your work output will enable you to amass a full and varied portfolio to present to potential employers upon graduation.
Features and benefits of the course
- Taught by dedicated, experienced media professionals with extensive media experience and strong, professional contacts
- This course will prepare you to take a leading role in a rapidly evolving global media industry
- Explore the global potential of multi-platform news publishing
- Learn how to cover any story for print, web and broadcast and how to adapt a story from one medium to another
- Offering flexibility and the ability to study at postgraduate level, in a subject designed to lead to employability in journalism, from any first degree
- Learn in a vibrant and innovative environment including multimedia newsroom facilities in which talented journalism students will thrive and grow
- A strong emphasis on digital media with online course materials and research information, encouraging you to use multimedia skills while learning
- Work placements will introduce you to the real working environment and enable you to establish valuable contacts to assist employability
- Emphasis on work output will enable you to amass a full and varied portfolio to present to potential employers.
Learning takes place in a vibrant and innovative environment, including multimedia newsroom facilities, in which you can thrive and grow. You will be taught by a team of dedicated, experienced professionals from backgrounds including BBC TV and radio, local and regional newspapers and online news sites.
- Journalism Professional Practice (including ethical reporting)
- Media Law
- Broadcast Skills
- Online Journalism
- Convergence and Work Placement
- Dissertation (or equivalent such as a series of feature articles or a radio or TV documentary)
You will normally have a lower second class UK honours degree (or international equivalent) in any discipline.
Applicants whose first language is not English (and whose first degree was not taught in English) are required to produce evidence of English Language proficiency to IELTS overall score 7.0 (must achieve 6.5 minimum in each individual component).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 4, 2018