- Degree to obtain: Master
- Duration: 4 semesters
- Language of instruction: English
- ECTS points: 123 ECTS
International and Political Studies combine knowledge in international relations, political science, economics and cultural studies. The program allows you to gain an interdisciplinary education in social sciences and the humanities. Through an interdisciplinary integration of the content of social science and humanities, whose common denominator remains policy, students will have a solid base for developing sectoral interests – in the blocks of chosen specializations. In addition, the studies are oriented towards broadening the perception of the complexity of the contemporary the world and the multidimensionality of socio-cultural phenomena and processes, and also serve to clarify the principles and mechanisms of functioning of national and international organizations and institutions dealing with broadly understood policy issues.
You will acquire:
- knowledge about politics, international relations, political systems, society (societies), philosophical-ethical and religious systems, and contemporary communication (language and its cultural connotations);
- knowledge and skills in the fields of politics, social behaviour and culture in the international aspects;
- knowledge about multiculturalism, intercultural relations (including diasporas, migration processes and the situation of indigenous peoples);
- opportunity to develop your free, independent and analytical thinking skills;
- preparation for work in national and international (governmental and non-governmental) political, socio-economic, cultural and media institutions: embassies and ministries, international organizations, public administration bodies (self-government, state, supranational, etc.), cultural and social exchange institutions - economy, media, advertising, public relations, etc.;
- knowledge and skills to start a career in national and international organizations (such as NATO, the EU, the UN and others).
The charge of 2500 PLN/year applies for Polish and the EU/EFTA citizens. 2500 EUR/year for students from outside the EU/EFTA, exclusive of an additional 120 EUR charge that covers registration fee (for students of Polish origin the tuition is reduced by 50%).
Deadline for application
A high school diploma, a transcript of records showing the subjects/grades, bachelor’s Degree Diploma (or other document confirming Bachelor’s Degree studies graduation) with the transcript of records and a certificate of proficiency in English for foreigners (unless the secondary education was taught in English) are required.
The course will open provided approved by the Senat of UL. Please be aware that minimum number of candidates is required to launch the programme.