This course aims to produce event professionals who can operate globally in the ever-growing events industry. The careers available to those qualified at postgraduate level in this subject area are exciting and varied. The professional focus of this course, at operational and strategic level, gives you a range of opportunities to engage with the events industry and you will develop expertise in planning and managing different events.
You have the opportunity to undertake a 36-48 week internship as part of your study.
Features and benefits of the course
- The opportunity to plan and implement your own ‘live event’ strategy and project
- Work with a local event industry employer to develop your professional event skills
- An external array of field trips and activity/visits and guest lectures from industry event practitioners as part of the curriculum design
- Throughout your studies, you will engage in a range of individual, group work and consultancy projects, working with an array of event industry partners and clients
- Volunteering is a great way for you to gain experience and make contacts. We have a vast range of volunteering opportunities within the Faculty to develop your CV
- Internship opportunity
ABOUT THE COURSE
This course has been designed with event industry practitioners to offer a practical and managerial approach to equipping you with professional skills, providing you with many opportunities to gain professional experience.
Taught units include live experiential activity and client-based consultancy projects which give opportunities to network with industry. External visits and guest lectures give you the opportunity to develop a strong grasp of business and events culture.
Your studies will have an international focus to reflect the global nature of this industry. The department has many well-established international collaborative partnerships, which will enrich your student experience. Our international research activities and projects will create new opportunities for research through your engagement with employers.
It is intended that core business topics you will study will include:
- Financial Management
- Responsible Business
- Creativity, Innovation and Enterprise
- Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- Methods of Enquiry
- Developments in Strategic Management and Marketing
- Dissertation or Strategic Live Project Management (option)
In addition, you will also study event specialist units:
- Contemporary Issues in International and Event Management
- Events and Festival Management
- Events Industry Live
TYPICAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
This course is available to graduates holding at least a 2:2 UK Honours degree (or international equivalent) from any subject. Candidates with industy-relevant management experience may be considered.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 26, 2017