This innovative degree is specifically for teachers of philosophy in schools, particularly those who deliver or wish to deliver, the AQA A Level in Philosophy.
You will focus on topics on the A Level syllabus and teaching philosophy, which includes training in the methodology of Philosophy for Children. The degree is for both those with previous education in philosophy and those seeking a rigorous introduction.
- Teaching Philosophy and Ethics
- Knowledge and Reality
- Introduction to Philosophy
- Reason and Religion
- Mind and Psychology
- Logic and Language
- Political Philosophy
- An honours degree (normally 2.1 or above) or equivalent in an appropriate subject
- PGCert Philosophy in Education
- PGDip Philosophy in Education
- 1 years full-time
- 2 years part-time
About the School
For over 400 years, Heythrop College has specialised in the study of Philosophy and Theology. Here, these subjects are not merely departments within a larger institution; the whole College is devoted