The course gives creative fashion design practitioners chance to explore personal interests at postgraduate level, underpinned by extensive research, and combined with benefits of debate and peer review. The individual will subsequently be able to view their role as fashion designer within the industry of the future.
Teaching involves a combination of lectures, seminars, tutorials, presentations and integration of consultancy with industry, and assessment is continuous.
Theory underpinning practice is developed simultaneously throughout each semester and Negotiated Agreements Parts I and II allow students to acquire the ability to develop and refine proposals, which underpin their major projects and reflect on personal progress. Students are expected to contextualize their work within a current framework and develop evaluative skills in order to articulate their point of view.
Research Methods and Application introduces students to a range of analytical research tools, forming the basis for all in-depth self-directed projects on the programme.
- Diploma and transcript from your previous educational institution
- evidence of your ability in English language (IELTS 6.5 or its equivalent) or certificate from previous educational institution if medium of instruction was English
- AAS Application form completed
- Reference letter
Important Dates and Information
- Duration: 13 months
- Educational Form: taught
- Education Variants: fulltime
- Language: English
- Application Deadline: 20th December 2019
- Classes Start Date: 27th January 2020
- Award Body: University of Sunderland - UK
- British Degree: Master of Arts
About the School
AAS was established in 1990 and today is one of the biggest colleges in Thessloniki. It is well-known for its high standard education in Art & Design Studies.