A program delivered in partnership with Cambridge Digital Innovation at Hughes Hall, University of Cambridge.
Our next webinars will be announced shortly. The aplication portal for Non-EU students re-opens on December 3, 2018.
During the webinars, we will introduce you to the program in general, the research areas and the application process.
Following the online presentation, you will have the chance to ask your questions in a Q&A session.
Please follow this link: https://rwth-aachen.adobeconnect.com/mmetime/ to join the webinar.
From October 2017 RWTH Aachen is organizing the "Innovative Tuesdays" in cooperation with the IHK Aachen, a new networking forum on the topic of "Innovation" involving local businesses, university staff and students. On the second and fourth Tuesday evening of the month, the hosts Thomas Wendland (IHK), Prof. Stefanie Paluch and Prof. Frank Piller (RWTH) welcome all those interested in innovation and innovation management to the RWTH campus in the new Cluster Produktionstechnik.
Designed for professionals with a STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) background, the MME-TIME provides you with the skills and tools needed to succeed in the digitized economy. The program is offered by one of the leading integrated universities of technology in Europe, RWTH Aachen University, with close to 150 years of expertise in producing cutting-edge research and Cambridge Digital Innovation at Hughes Hall, University of Cambridge.
In the course of the program, you will learn the latest developments in laser technologies, digital and additive manufacturing, robotics, big data technologies, sustainable energy technologies, and many more. These technological modules will be accompanied by a profound management education where you will learn how to leverage and commercialize these technologies successfully.
Graduates of the program will have a truly interdisciplinary mindset that is necessary for solving the great technological, managerial, and societal challenges of our time.
Hence, the program is ideally suited for professionals with a STEM background that wish to deepen their knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies, but also aim for a management position in their next career step. An entirely distinctive element is the possibility to tailor the program to the needs and time frame of the participants. With the help of the latest digital and blended learning technologies, you can choose to study mainly from your home location or from Aachen and can also study at your own preferred pace. Personalize your study path: The program is organized around you, allowing for an optimal learning experience.
Benefit from five key strengths
Enrolling in the MME-TIME will help you to prepare for a career in the digitized economy and allow you to benefit from five key advantages:
- Excellent reputation
RWTH Aachen University enjoys an excellent reputation across the world for cutting-edge research in engineering and technology and is synonymous with German engineering.
- Interdisciplinary thinking
The courses in the program will help you acquire advanced knowledge in both management and engineering and will equip you with a truly interdisciplinary profile and mindset that are increasingly sought after in corporations and start-ups alike.
- Fully customizable
The entire program is structured around your individual needs and you can decide if you want to study full-time or part-time, at your home location or on-campus in Aachen or Cambridge. This will allow you to build an optimal learning path.
- Mixed pedagogy
The program uses a wide range of learning styles and teaching methods. Lectures, case studies, applied projects, group work, topical debates, and lab sessions provide a varied and lively learning experience with small class sizes.
- Leadership potential
Acquire the skills and tools to manage organizational as well as technological changes and learn how to lead the digital transformation in your industry through innovation, marketing, and entrepreneurship.
Enjoy a unique learning experience
The MME-TIME program offers you a unique learning experience where leading academic experts will share their theoretical expertise and practical experience.
Our educational concept aims at equipping you with a holistic understanding of management, engineering, and technology that will help you to prepare for a career in the digitized economy. While the program allows you to choose among a great variety of courses, all courses follow a similar teaching and learning philosophy.
- Hands-on experience: In most courses, you will have the opportunity to work on real-world managerial or technological challenges, enabling you to apply the knowledge gleaned in class and gain hands-on experiences.
- Interdisciplinary mindset: Most courses of the program focus on the intersection between management and technology, enabling you to tackle real-world challenges from multiple perspectives and providing you with a truly interdisciplinary mindset.
- Personalized education: The program organizes around your individual needs, allowing you to study full-time or part-time and to complete the courses from your home location or on-campus in Aachen and Cambridge.
- Intercultural teams: As working in multicultural teams is a given in today’s world, most courses will feature group projects where you can solve managerial and technological challenges in culturally diverse teams.
- Participant-centered learning: All courses are based on a participant-centered approach that emphasizes interaction between teachers and students through case discussions, group presentations, debates, or lab sessions.
- Blended learning: The program is based on the latest blended learning technologies where digital techniques and tools are combined with on-campus sessions in Aachen and Cambridge to deliver an optimal learning experience.
Become a part of leading innovation ecosystems
RWTH Aachen University
The core part of the curriculum is delivered by RWTH Aachen University.
Germany has a worldwide reputation for engineering excellence and RTWH Aachen University is synonymous with German engineering. Become part of Aachen’s research culture and attend courses focused on management as well as cutting-edge developments in laser technologies, digital and additive manufacturing, robotics, big-data and many more.
University of Cambridge
The program takes you to England where you can complete a Cambridge Ecosystem Practicum delivered by Cambridge Digital Innovation (CDI) at Hughes Hall, University of Cambridge. The University of Cambridge is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in the world and a powerhouse for innovation in research. This module will allow you to experience history, tradition, and cutting-edge science and technology. Lectures, seminars, and workshops on innovation ecosystems will be combined with campus tours and company visits in Silicon Fen as well as true classics of Cambridge – punting and formal dining!
The MME-TIME program takes you to some of the most exciting innovation ecosystems in the world and allows you to study at several world-class universities and research institutes working on the frontiers of the digital transformation.
Customize your learning experience
The MME-TIME program offers you a profound management education accompanied by a broad set of elective courses on the latest developments in state-of-the-art technologies. The 18-month program consists of four key building blocks, which you may customize to design your individual profile. In addition, you may enrol in German language courses at no extra cost.
TIME Essentials (30 CP)
TIME Essentials (30 credit points to be completed in semester 1):
The TIME Essentials comprise six required courses that enable you to understand the managerial aspects of ideating, developing and commercializing technological innovations. This includes a team project that allows you to put your learning into practice.
Technology Electives (15-20 CP)
Technology Electives (15-20 credit points to be completed in semesters 2 and 3):
To dive deeply into selected technology fields, you can select from three to four courses from a rich portfolio of more than 20 distinct technology electives. These can be categorized into eight technology fields: laser technologies, production technologies, robotic technologies, information technologies, material technologies, sustainable energy technologies, sustainable water technologies and human technologies.
Management Electives (20-25 CP)
Management Electives (20-25 credit points to be completed in semesters 2 and 3):
You can select four or five out of seven management electives with two each being allocated to the three specializations labelled “Technology Manager”, “Technology Marketer” and “Technology Entrepreneur”. The remaining management elective, the Cambridge Ecosystem Practicum, brings you to the University of Cambridge to explore first-hand a world-leading technology ecosystem.
Master‘s Thesis (20 CP)
Master Thesis (20 credit points to be completed in semester 3):
Through writing a Master Thesis at the end of the program you demonstrate your ability to solve a managerial or technological challenge using the knowledge acquired during the program and the methods of scientific inquiry.
German Language Courses
(two courses to be completed in semesters 1 and 2):
Learning another language is an important means of becoming a successful manager and a global citizen. Becoming proficient in German is also an essential precondition for succeeding on the German job market – be it for an internship during your studies or a permanent position thereafter. As part of the program, we, therefore, offer you the option to complete intensive German language courses to broaden your cultural understanding and enhance your career options.
The MME TIME is a winner of the national competition for digitally enabled university education - “Curriculum 4.0”
Benefit from personalized career services
Building and modelling our students’ future career is one of our key strengths. RWTH International Academy has set itself the goal to empower the students to have a smooth job entry or further develop their career after their studies of our MME-TIME study program.
“MME-TIME graduates will be well positioned to excel as entrepreneurs, managers, or consultants at the intersection of management and technology.”
- Access to a strong network of various industries and business fields
- Online job platform which enables matching and direct contact with future employers
- Individual career coaching and professional orientation
- Application training and workshops:
- How to apply in Germany
- CV and Cover letter training
- Job interview training
- Field trips
- Company presentations and lectures on campus
- Networking and recruiting events
- First Degree: Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Science degree in STEM fields (science, technology, engineering and mathematics)
- Minimum of 50 Credit Points in the fields of mathematics and natural science (e.g. in chemistry and/or physics), and/or computer science and/or engineering
- Basic knowledge in the fields of business administration/management minimum of 10 Credit Points
- Professional work experience (at least 12 months)
- Proof English language knowledge
- Gather all documents from our online checklist as PDF in advanced.
- Create an online application account at our online portal: www.rwth-aachen.de/ioam. The application portal will remain open until 1th of March every year for applicants from outside Europe and until 15th of July for European applicants.
- Answer the questions at our online portal and upload the required documents.
- Complete the online application through “send”.
- Print, Sign and send the online generated application form via post to RWTH Aachen Business School.
- You will get confirmation Email as soon as we will have received your postal documents.
- Wait for the Email of Admission or Rejection.
We strongly encourage you to apply as early as possible, as applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Degree: Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- Focus: Technology, Innovation, Marketing and Entrepreneurship with in-depth exposure to cutting-edge technology fields
- Duration: 3 semesters full-time or up to six semesters part-time
- Teaching: Unique blend of digitally enabled teaching and highly interactive on-campus experiences
- Target Group: Young professionals with a STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) background
- Credit Points: 90 ECTS
- Tuition Fees: 30.000 € (+ social contribution fee at RWTH Aachen approx. 225 € per semester)
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / +49 (0) 241 80 27616
Program taught in: