The Masters of Science in Forensic Science is a 36 credit hour program of study designed to offer students both a global perspective and an opportunity for in-depth study at the graduate level in forensic science. The degree provides students with a fundamental understanding of the concepts and principles involved in the application of scientific techniques to forensic investigations and to the criminal justice system. Recent advances in basic scientific research have had a rapid and dramatic impact on these fields and it is only through an understanding of these critical scientific concepts that those in the legal system may be effective in criminal investigations and judicial proceedings. A graduate M.S. degree in Forensic Science offers a strong complement for people interested in a focus on criminal justice as related to major areas of study such as anthropology, biology, chemistry, physics, geology, psychology, engineering, journalism, education, medicine, and law.
Students can choose to enrol in the advanced, general or nuclear forensics track.
Key Benefits of our program
- Optimal training opportunities and direct interaction with practitioners in the field
- Faculty mentor, teach, and advise students, paying close attention to their development
- Flexible programs enable students to tailor courses to their individual needs and goals.
- Experiential training opportunities in world-class facilities, such as LGS Bell Labs Innovations, Brookhaven National Laboratory, the New York State Police Crime Laboratory System, and The Wallie Howard Jr. Center for Forensic Sciences (Onondaga County, New York)
Career Paths: Graduates often go on to become
- Law enforcement officers
- Court psychologists
- Forensic microscopists
- Medicolegal death investigators
About the School
Syracuse University is a private research university of extraordinary academics, distinctive offerings, and an undeniable spirit. With a gorgeous campus in the heart of New York State, a global footpr ... Read More