Lithuania is situated on the eastern shore of the Baltic Sea and borders Latvia on the north, Belarus on the east and south, and Poland and the Kaliningrad region of Russia on the southwest. It is a country of gently rolling hills, many forests, rivers and streams, and lakes. Its principal natural resource is agricultural land. Lithuania has one of the fastest growing economies in the European Union and the United Nations Human Development Index lists Lithuania as a "very high human development" country.
For many students, finding the right place to obtain an education is critical. For international students, the country of Lithuania may not seem like an instant choice, but this country has plenty to offer individuals looking for a challenging educational program with ample opportunity to learn about a diverse culture. For this reason, higher education in Lithuania may be the ideal choice for some students.
The country known as the Republic of Lithuania is located in the northern portion of Europe. It is the largest of the three Baltic states and sits on the banks of the Baltic Sea. Latvia, Belarus, Poland, and Kaliningrad Oblast are all located on its borders. The country's estimated population is about three million. Of those, many live in Vilnius, the largest city in the country and also its capital. Most locals speak Lithuanian, though Latvian is a secondary language spoken here. Studying here allows individuals to explore a rich history and a beautiful, more remote place to live.
Living in Lithuania for higher education needs is likely to be an enjoyable experience. Lithuania has the normal European climate, with dry and warm summer months and severe winters. Cold winds tend to cause temperatures to drop near zero degrees F in many areas during the winter months. Snowfall is likely and, during the summer months, humidity can become high here.
Living in Lithuania will allow students to embrace a culture of music, festivals, and religion. There is a strong jazz tradition present here, but good food and incredible arts (including theatre, music, and sculpture) are also present here. From horse racing to exploring the treasures of historic buildings and areas of the country to enjoying a game of professional basketball, the country offers something for everyone.
- Academy ClassCoursesOnline
- Baltic Aviation AcademyMasterCoursesBachelor
- English Language LabCoursesOnline
- Hanze University of Applied Sciences - Groningen, the NetherlandsMasterBachelorMBAHealthcare
- International School of Law and BusinessBachelor
- ISM University of Management and EconomicsMasterBachelorMBACourses
- Kazimieras Simonavicius UniversityMasterBachelor
- Lithuanian University of Educational SciencesBachelor
- Mykolas Romeris UniversityMasterBachelorMBA
- Pilot training centre/ Pilotų MokyklaCourses
- Vilnius Business CollegeBachelor
- Vilnius Gediminas Technical UniversityBachelorMaster
- Vilnius UniversityMasterMBA
- Vilnius University Of Applied Sciences VIKOBachelor