The Master Programme in Educational Leadership and Management Development (ELMD) run by the College of Education was established in 2012 as the first whole-English program in National Chung Cheng University (CCU), mainly contributed by the academic staff from the Graduate Institute of Education, the Department of Adult and Continuing Education and Center for Teacher Education. In September 2013, the academic year 2013/14, 4 overseas students began their study in ELMD as the 1st generation.
Practically, the Programme has the full support of the sectors of College of Education and of the Office of International Affairs, CCU. Beyond this, we also have harmonious and friendly cooperation relationships with the Taiwan International Cooperation and Development Fund (Taiwan ICDF) and the Elite Study in Taiwan Office, enrolling talented students from different countries all around the world; at the same time, excellent Taiwanese students and Chinese students, both from Mainland China and other countries, are targeted as potential academic prospects.
To Promote High-Quality Pursuit of profound knowledge and to respond enthusiastically to the overwhelming global trends formed the solid basis for the establishment of the Programme. Today, our message has not been more important. We are devoted wholeheartedly to building up a friendly network in which students are closely involved, in forms of deep concentration on their academic interests and studies, and at the same time of great enjoyment in living at CCU, Taiwan. Immersed in advanced skill training courses and well-organized intellectual lessons in terms of educational leadership and management development, our students are expected to be professional, international, competitive, and, as most importantly, to be committed to the sustainable development of their profession and to this global community.
- All-English learning courses.
- Courses are designed encompassing both theories and practices.
- Excellent and experienced academic staff from various educational areas.
- Close partnership with domestic academic groups as well as with international communities.
- Active involvement in both local and global activities.
- Provision of a friendly multi-cultural learning environment.
- Further study and professional development.
- Conducting research either in higher education institutions or in research organizations.
- Administration work either in the government offices, or in the educational systems, or in a human resource sector of industries and of enterprises.
- Starting or continuing your teaching career in schools or educational institutions.
Programme Structure and Personnel
In order to deliver world-class education and services, Prof. Ching-Tien Tsai, Dean of the College of Education, is appointed as the Programme Director to preside over the Programme. Typically, he is responsible for providing strategic and operational leadership of the Programme. Prof. Sheng-Ju Chan is otherwise contributing to the Programme as the Chief Executive Officer, having responsibility for ensuring that the concerns contained in the Programme are being implemented in the most efficient and effective way. In addition, three Programme Managers are set to provide support in relation to the matters of students and administration.
- Fall Semester: March 31
- Spring Semester: October 31
Program taught in: