Hyper Island’s MA in Digital Management program offers an immersive learning experience delivered by innovative digital leaders and pioneers. The programme combines a broad range of topics, including digital technology, business transformation, strategy, service design and research methods with real-world application, developing the leaders of the future.
The Digital Management is a Masters-level leadership program, designed in partnership with the industry and accredited by Teesside University. It is designed to prepare you for a leading role in the media, creative, and digital industries. This post-graduate program gives you an insight into the thought processes that drive some of the world’s most successful and innovative companies.
Designed in collaboration with industry, the program provides those wanting to develop or refine their strategic and digital skills or transition into the digital and creative industries. It presents a unique opportunity to learn from leading industry thinkers and apply principles in a learning environment that mirrors real-world challenges.
You will embark on a transformative journey to becoming a new kind of leader, who is adaptive, collaborative and creatively driven, who can go beyond conventional thinking and practices to create effective teams and business value.
You will be challenged by real-world situations and given the opportunity to work on live briefs for clients. You will be challenged to create business and brand strategies and develop innovative solutions based on creative concepts.
In addition to group projects, Digital Management students are expected to complete individual assignments to compliment each group task.
At Hyper Island, you will be immersed in collaborative and high-energy learning environments that mirror the modern workplace dynamics. We value both professional and personal development and we seek to help you achieve that by supporting you with new methods, tools and knowledge to develop your abilities.
*Subject to approval. We work closely with industry to design and develop our programmes so that they are current and relevant. We are currently going through a redesign process for this programme and the projects outlined above are what we intend to deliver, subject to approval from Teesside University in June. This redesign includes changing the degree name from the previous title of MA Digital Media Management to MA Digital Management.
What you learn
This programme will explore a wide range of business, technical and creative topics:
- Creativity, idea generation and concept development
- Change management, transformational leadership and group dynamics
- Entrepreneurship and learning from start-ups
- Business strategy, business development and business transformation
- Branding and communication, the role of brands, consumer insights
- Project management techniques, budgeting, pitching and planning
- Digital and mobile technologies, prototyping and development
- Designing for the consumer: human interaction, research and user centred design
Infinite career possibilities
- Project Management
- Account Management
- Digital Production
- Digital Marketing
- Brand Strategy
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- International students (outside EU) applying for the MA DMM program in Manchester are required to prove their English skills. Please upload your IELTS test scores to certify you meet the language requirements. A test score of 6.5 on the IELTS is required for placement in the DMM program. We do not require students from Australia, USA, or countries where English is the native language to provide this language certificate.
- Swedish applicants can apply for CSN (governmental student loan/bursary) for the MA DMM program. Just apply as usual via csn.se and state Teesside University as a study location.
We are proud to share that our MA Digital Management is BAC Accredited. This is a leading mark of educational quality for the education sector and awarded following a rigorous inspection of our Manchester school, its staff and learning environment.
Program taught in: