Chicago Booth offers an unprecedented level of flexibility and individualization in an advanced management program. Out of six one-week courses over the course of a year, you’ll take three cohort Core Sessions—one at the beginning, one in the middle, one toward the end—plus three electives available throughout the year on topics of your choosing. You’ll never be away from the office for more than a week, and you can adapt your curriculum to meet individual goals.
The Chicago Executive Institute consists of six weeks over the course of a year, with half of the program completely customizable. Three weeks—one at the beginning, one in the middle, one toward the end of the year—are cohort sessions with a group of high-level executives that explore strategy, innovation, and leadership. Three weeks are in elective sessions of your choosing with colleagues from a broad range of functions and industries.
The Chicago Executive Institute is a management tool for change, institutionalizing new behaviors. The Core Sessions provide you with a new perspective to look at your organisation, the industry in which you compete, and the challenges you face. You will become a more effective leader by building self-awareness, gaining a better understanding of your own judgments and motivators, learning how to question your own assumptions, and becoming more reflective and critical in your thinking.
Specifically, you will learn to:
- Put aside assumptions to look for new ways to define problems, gather data and develop solutions
- Prepare not only for the changes you see but also for those you don’t
- Become more reflective and insightful in order to learn the right lessons from experience
- Become more observant to recognize key patterns and signals around you
- Make sense of what is important to pay attention to and what is simply “noise”
- Confidently make decisions when:
- You don’t have all the information you need
- You have overflow of data and need to sort through what’s relevant/powerful
- You are not the expert
- Structure your organisation to impact productivity, creativity, and agility
- Influence, persuade and motivate others
- Rapidly and effectively integrate the knowledge you have (as an individual or an organisation) with new data or information that becomes available and under constantly changing circumstances and conditions