Founded by Lydia Moss Bradley in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent university offering undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education programs in the liberal and fine arts, the sciences, business, communications, education, engineering, technology and the health sciences. A residential campus of 5,700 students, Bradley is known for its excellent teaching and commitment to student success. Bradley University links academic excellence, experiential learning and leadership development with an entrepreneurial spirit for a world-class education.
Mission, Vision & Core Values
Bradley University will be an institution of national distinction known for outstanding programs and for the educational experience it provides its students.
Inspired by founder Lydia Moss Bradley’s commitment to useful learning and ethics, Bradley University educates leaders, innovators, and contributors to the well-being of all humanity.
Core Values: The Heart of the Bradley Experience
- Excellence: Bradley is a dynamic educational community that values excellence in teaching, research, creative production, applied scholarship, and service that transcends the classroom with immediate benefit to students and the campus community and with enduring benefits for students and the world.
- Leadership: The Bradley community is dedicated to the success of our students and their development into tomorrow’s leaders who will recognize the importance of teamwork toward successful outcomes.
- Innovation: Bradley University actively seeks out the development and implementation of new research directions, programs, and partnerships to enhance the educational experience of our students thereby deepening their understanding of the world and inspiring them to benefit humankind.
- Globalization: Bradley University is committed to providing knowledge and skills for life work that will promote the common good of humankind and lead to informed and principled participation in the global marketplace.
- Collaborative Learning: Bradley University is dedicated to sharing knowledge across traditional boundaries. Faculty and staff build upon a strong foundation of the world’s knowledge. Our University offers exciting interdisciplinary and collaborative learning opportunities to insure that our students receive a breadth and depth of classroom and experiential knowledge and practice. We are committed to the success of our students and to collaborative scholarship between faculty and students.
- Community: Bradley University has a cohesive community that effectively brings together faculty, staff, students, and alumni as valued members of the Bradley family. There is a collective responsibility for the success of the University and all its constituents. Success is facilitated through the University’s respectful and caring environment.
- Diversity: Bradley University represents a diverse learning community that acknowledges the importance of respect and understanding of all individuals.
- Experiential Learning: As delineated in the university’s mission statement, Bradley University maintains a century’s old commitment to useful learning and ethics; this is manifested in a variety of experiential learning opportunities for students, including internships and co-op experiences, service-learning initiatives, and many additional curricular and co-curricular learning opportunities.
- Entrepreneurship: Bradley University’s distinctive combination of strong academic programs and emphasis on collaborative and interdisciplinary study yields positive experiences for students and faculty to succeed in entrepreneurial initiatives and opportunities.
- Service: Along with leadership, service is one of the hallmarks of the Bradley University experience. The University is committed to serving individuals, families, and the surrounding community through curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular activities and opportunities.
This school offers programs in:
Accredited by 22 national accrediting agencies, including the Higher Learning Commission. A complete list of accreditations is available at the accreditation section.
Students & Campus
- 77 buildings on an 84-acre campus
- Located in the historic West Bluff residential neighborhood
- One mile from downtown Peoria
- Eight miles from the Peoria International Airport
- More than 350 full-time faculty members
- Full-time faculty with doctorate or terminal degrees: 85%
- Student/faculty ratio: 12:1
Average class size
Tuition and expenses
- 2014-15 tuition: $30,500
- 2014-15 total (tuition + $9,420 room & board + $344 fees): $40,264
Financial assistance awards
Received by more than 85% of Bradley students