Academic Excellence, Professional Relevance and Innovation
Welcome to the Interdisciplinary Centre for Business Studies at the Department of International Studies of the Mieszko I School of Education and Administration. We thank you for your interest in our programmes.
Our Centre sets out to be a premier international graduate business school that benefits from the energy and innovation of a leading private higher learning institution. It offers cutting edge teaching and research capacity in a wide range of subjects relating to Management Science. More than 4500 students participate in the Mieszko I School of Education and Administration’s programmes. We offer two English language programmes: MA in Law and International Management (two-year blended learning programme) and MBA in Marketing and Supply Chain Management (one-year blended learning programme).
The Centre uses an integrated, interdisciplinary approach that combines research, practice, and teaching in the curriculum. We seek a balance between high academic quality and the professional relevance provided by close interaction with the corporate world. We focus on creating a learning environment that fosters students’ managerial and entrepreneurial skills as well as a sense of global and social responsibility. The approach gives the students the tools, skills and practical experience to successfully manage, lead and communicate in today’s increasingly competitive and interconnected world.
Studying at our Centre, you are at the heart of two European cities: Poznan and Warsaw where the course are delivered. They are infused with history and culture, are rich in cafés, restaurants, shopping facilities, and provide modern transportation including airline connections. You will love studying and living there.
Our staff is at your service to deal with any questions you might have and to make your study with us a fruitful and enjoyable experience that will enrich all of us professionally and personally.
Janusz Musial, Chancellor
Blended Learning Approach
The Interdisciplinary Centre for Business Studies’ Programmes are designed to meet your professional needs and personal commitments. You benefit from face-to-face learning during scheduled residential workshops. These are complemented by interactive online periods providing maximum interaction between students and faculty and allowing you to study when it suits you best. For busy professionals, this planned approach minimises career disruption and cuts down the opportunity cost of graduate study.
Our blended learning approach facilitates a balanced combination of self-study and practical learning with international professionals. A typical semester will include two five-day residential workshops. Concurrently, you will benefit from online tutorial sessions and participate in forum discussions with professors and colleagues. You will also be expected to prepare and deliver group and individual assignments.
Preparatory and Background Research
In-depth reading (theory and case studies), note taking, and consultations with fellow students in preparation for online sessions and residential workshop.
- Dynamic class teaching of some 40 hours per module
- Work in teams to test theory against live cases and simulations
- Debate specific business problems presented by other students.
- Workshops are supported by e-learning and forum discussions.
- Team work
- Work in a team to engage in real life simulation project based on business issue faced by today’s organisations.
- Attend networking evenings, careers events and webinars
- Become a member of our alumni association from the moment you start the programme.
Remain an active member of our growing global alumni network and stay connected via the website and social media.
Building on decades-long experience of other leading business schools and corporate practice, the Interdisciplinary Centre for Business Studies facilitates active as well as passive learning. We focus on bringing out individual student experience to be shared by the team and applied to real life professional situations.
The Poznan/Warsaw Method includes:
- Real-life case studies brought up by faculty and students
- Student participation in class and online debates
- Assignments determined by students’ own professional interests
- Group work and joint presentations with colleagues during workshops
- Joint assignments facilitating exchange of experience and reflection.
The Mieszko I School of Education and Administration (WSPiA) is a formally recognized, by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, institution of higher education in Poland. The School is accredited by the Academic Information Centre (AIC) and has been awarded a ‘Consumer Quality Certificate’ by the Research Centre and Quality Monitoring Foundation. AIC Accreditation (‘Wiarygodna Szkoła’)
The AIC accreditation is awarded only if all programmes meet the AIC criteria. The accreditation process includes reviewing compliance with criteria which includes:
- full compliance with legal norms and standards to deliver programmes on offer;
- compliance of promotional material and information given to prospective students with existing legal requirements;
- due processes are in place to ensure high standards of teaching and research and support services including programme administration, career and alumni services; student admission; and curriculum content, programme mode and duration; and learning outcomes.
1WSPiA has received this annually renewed accreditation for the 7th year running.
Separately, in recognition of its efforts to build programmes that are particularly relevant to job market requirements, the School has also been awarded a Good School, Good Job 2014 Certificate by the AIC.
The ‘Consumer Quality Certificate’ is awarded for exemplary management processes, stable policies and strategy oriented at securing student satisfaction and constant quality improvement of programmes and support services. The award of this Certificate is a seal of approval to the School as a leader in the provision of undergraduate and postgraduate education of the highest standard. It illustrates the recognition the School enjoys among the corporate world and the satisfaction of the students it serves.
This school offers programs in: